Tenchi is a Japanese schoolboy with remarkable energy-based powers. He wears a simple uniform consisting of a collared white shirt, black shorts with a belt, and a red tie. He also wears red training gloves and red-and-white sneakers, and his black hair is combed forward into a spiky pompadour-like hairdo.
When Tenchi uses his powers, he gains flaming blue antlers made of a strange ghostly energy. When he is overcome with energy, his eyes go blank and he floats silhouetted in a shaft of bright light.
Theme Music Edit
Tenchi has a versatile moveset loosely based on Ryu's from the Street Fighter series. Tenchi's fireball, uppercut, hecknd all-around reliable normals make him an easy fighter for beginners to learn.
Movement Options Edit
Tenchi has an average-speed walk and a normal jump arc. Tenchi can dash a set distance either forward or backward with a double-tap in the desired direction.
|5A||A quick jab. Chains into itself.||4/2/5|
|5B||A longer-range hook.||7/4/12|
|2A||A low, swiping kick.||5/4/9||Low|
|2B||A leg sweep.||6/4/19||Low & knockdown|
|Jumping A||An outward aerial kick.||7/7/7||Overhead|
|Jumping B||A midair downward stomp. Cross up normal.||9/15/7||Overhead|
|Throw||Two consecutive knee bashes.||2 hits & knockdown|
|Back Throw||A knee bash followed by a somersault throw.||2 hits & knockdown|
|3A||A horizontal fireball.||10/-/39||Disappears on contact with another projectile|
|1A||A rising antler "uppercut."||4/16/21||Juggles, invincible up through 8f active.|
|3B||A charging antler headbutt.||7/22/16||Juggles|
|1B||An advancing jump kick followed by a somersaulting antler strike.||4/13/31||2 hits, knockdown, invincible up through all of active.|
Meter Options Edit
Tenchi gains meter by performing his special moves. It takes 6 specials to fill his meter. When full, meter can be spent on a single "Rumble Fireball."
|Rumble Fireball||A+B||A super-charged version of his fireball.||7/-/40||Cancels projectiles, 4 hits, juggles|
His Rumble Fireball cannot be canceled into from a special move, but there are several ways to combo special into super:
- Special fireball can combo if it is done quickly at a very particular range.
- Air antlers can combo if it hits a jumping opponent near the end of its active frames.
- Charge antlers can combo if it hits at the very end of its active frames.
2A x (3B or 3A) (Confirm from low poke) [ 2 hits ]
5A 5A x 3B (Knockdown, instant 3A for meaty fireball on their wake up) [ 3 hits ]
(j.B or j.A) 5A 5A x 3B [ 4 hits ]
(j.B or j.A) 5A 5A x 1B [ 5 hits ]
(j.A or j.B) 5A 5A x A + B [ 7 hits ]
anti-air 1A (juggle) 1B [ 3 Hits] (You can press and hold the 1B button directly after 1A)
anti-air 1A (juggle) A+B [ 5 Hits ]
Any normal except for 2B will combo into A+B
Main cast Edit
Agent Parker Edit
Subject 11 Edit
Below is a list of changes to the character from version to version.
Pre-Alpha to Alpha Edit
- Standing B was changed from an overhead axe kick to a hook punch.
- Kick Launcher was changed to Antler Flip.
- Rumble Counter was removed.
Alpha 0.2.1 Edit
- Super motion changed to A+B, from 3A+B.
Alpha 0.2.2 Edit
- Hurtbox size increased during 3A to make the move more vulnerable to crossups.
Alpha 0.3.1 Edit
- Hitting Tenchi out of 3B no longer puts him in crouch state.
Alpha 0.3.4 Edit
- 2B+A now knocks higher, allowing followup hits more often.
Alpha to Beta Edit
Beta to Retail Edit
- During planning and early development, Tenchi was nicknamed "Danny Deerhoof."
Keiko & Q
- ↑ Published on 10 Dec 2014, "Cardboard Robot (Pocket Rumble) - Sup, Holmes? Ep 126", <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzsidotpYXA#t=38m10s>